The Plumb House was built between 1802 and 1804, during the time of Thomas Jefferson's presidency. This historic house, the oldest frame dwelling in Waynesboro, was home to five generations of the Plumb Family before it was acquired by the WHF. The house was caught in the midst of the Civil War Battle of Waynesboro on March 2, 1865 and hosts the annual reenactment of the Battle of Waynesboro. Collections of Civil War and Native American artifacts are on display. The grounds feature a slave-built brick patio, a historic garden, summer kitchen, and other outbuildings. This museum is located one block from the old Presbyterian Cemetery where 25 Confederate soldiers are buried.